Today is Giving Tuesday. It’s a “global generosity movement that unleashes the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and their world.” As a B Corporation, we’re on a mission to use our resources for the betterment of our community, so Giving Tuesday is close to our hearts.
We’d like to take this opportunity to call out our non-profit friends in the arts and recreational spaces: Portland Opera, All Classical, Portland Columbia Symphony Orchestra and Special Olympics Oregon. These organizations inspire us, they deserve the spotlight on a day like today.
Being that it’s Giving Tuesday, we want to highlight some creative ways that you can support these organizations:
- Subscribe to Portland Opera’s YouTube channel
- Buy a piece of All Classical merch as a Christmas gift for a loved one (or for yourself)
- Listen to All Classical on the radio, tune your radio to 89.9 FM and enjoy
- Follow Special Olympics Oregon on social media to stay up to date on their special events (and maybe even participate in one in the future!)
- Sign up for Portland Columbia Symphony Orchestra’s Mardi Gras-themed Virtual Gala and Auction, happening in 2021
These organizations do a lot of good, arts (and sports!) unify people from different parts of our community and create a sense of unity. Beyond that, these organizations bring people joy, and we believe there’s nothing better than that.